Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Lake Wobegon: Where All The Children Are Above Average And All The Women Are Scared

Garrison Keillor, the force behind the popular “A Prairie Home Companion” show and a man who is uglier than a mud fence was fired by Minnesota Public Radio over inappropriate sexual behavior claims.
The 75-year-old life-long Democrat told The Associated Press he was let go because of “a story that I think is more interesting and more complicated than the version MPR heard.”

Keillor sniggered at Middle America on public radio for 42 years.
I guess if you live in the frozen tundra of Minnesota, then listening to an old codger on the radio talk about “this beautiful summer” or “the number of persons I know who’ve contracted a tick-borne disease” or “hip replacements I have known that went bad” while wearing a flannel shirt, long johns and wool socks in the dead of winter is a blessed distraction from the blizzards and snow drifts that can linger through the month of May.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, a day before announcing he was fired, Keillor penned an op-ed in support of fellow Minnesotan Sen. Al Franken, who last week was accused of sexual misconduct.
“This is pure absurdity, and the atrocity it leads to is a code of public deadliness,” he wrote of the criticism of Franken groping a sleeping Leeann Tweeden in a 2006 photo. “No kidding.”
Perhaps Charlie Rose, himself an old ugly perv with some free time, and Keillor could do a two-man stage act.  After all, what else is there to do in Lake Woebegon?  I mean besides fondling the farmer’s daughter?
UPDATE 11-29-17 2:37 PM:  The Daily Mail, citing the email sent by Keillor to the Star Tribune, explaining why he was fired read in part, “I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches.  She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”

UPDATE 3:13 PM:  Welcome readers of Bad Blue Uncensored News.  We wish to thank Doug Ross for linking to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.