Thursday, December 17, 2015

Mean Tweets: Ted Cruz Edition

Like many of you out there I have not settled on the presidential candidate for whom I would cast my vote in the general election next November. 

I noticed during Tuesday’s debate from Las Vegas that as Ayla Brown sang the national anthem, Ted Cruz placed in his hand inside his suit jacket  That image reminded me of the famous portrait by Jacques-Louis David of Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte with his hand inside his waistcoat.  Does Mr. Cruz do this often?  I don’t know but I found that to be an odd display.

Rubio has been radioactive to Republicans because of his participation in the Gang of Eight movement to allow amnesty for illegal aliens. Beneath the surface is a simmering battle between Rubio and Cruz on the matter of immigration.

With Cruz coming into his own in Iowa, Rubio is desperate to knock him off his game.  Having ducked the question for nearly two years about what a President Cruz would do with the millions of illegals who remain in the U.S., Rubio demanded a straight answer from Cruz.

"I have never supported legalization, and I do not intend to support legalization," the Texas senator said, but he was more than willing to leave reporters with the impression that he was comfortable with legalizing illegal aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.