Saturday, July 4, 2015

May The Grace Of God Continue To Shine On Lovers Of Freedom Everywhere

When you watch the embedded video below, I hope you will enlarge it to appreciate the imagery within.  The back-story, according to Deseret News, is that Grammy-nominated violinist Jenny Oaks Baker chose to collaborate with former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on a rendition of “Amazing Grace” following a speech by Rice at a BYU Management Society event in April 2012.

The duo recorded the track in July 2013 and a year later, Baker flew to San Francisco to record the video with Rice. Now, two years after the recording process began, the video has been released just as Americans across the country gather in celebration of the country and those who have sacrificed so much for freedom.

The song is currently available as a single through iTunes. According to representatives at Shadow Mountain Records, all proceeds from the sale of the single will go to the Wounded Warrior Project.

I must confess I had a lump in my throat watching the beauty and grace of these two women and the truly wonderful gift they have given us on this Independence Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.