Friday, February 27, 2015

Farewell And Godspeed Mr. Spock

To say I am a Star Trek fan would be an understatement.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t fit the Trekkie mold, but I’ve seen every Star Trek movie ever made and sometimes I will binge watch Star Trek The Next Generation on a rainy, gloomy Saturday afternoon.

We learned that Leonard Nimoy, the star singularly identified as Mr. Spock, died today at his home in Bel Air of end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.  He was 83.  You can read his obit in The New York Times.

The actor first announced that he was suffering from the illness last year. "I quit smoking 30 yrs ago,” Nimoy tweeted at the time.  “Not soon enough.”

"Smokers, please understand," he continued, "If you quit after you're diagnosed with lung damage it's too late." 

Is it too much to hope for a Genesis Wave to bring back our friend?  May he live long and prosper within our souls. 

I have been and always shall be your fan.

And my favorite tweet:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.