Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Michael Moore: Doughboy Princess Gasbag

Leftist lard ass Michael Moore injects himself into every conversation he can because he has descended into irrelevancy.  Over the weekend, after American Sniper shocked Hollywood with its box office blowout, smashing virtually every available record raking in $108.7 million to date and counting, Moore began tweeting about the movie:
It got nasty for little Mikey and he had to turn off the alerts on his phone and decided to turn to his Facebook page:
Lots of talk about snipers this weekend (the holiday weekend of a great man, killed by a sniper), so I thought I'd weigh in with what I was raised to believe about snipers. My dad was in the First Marine Division in the South Pacific in World War II. His brother, my uncle, Lawrence Moore, was an Army paratrooper and was killed by a Japanese sniper 70 years ago next month. My dad always said, "Snipers are cowards. They don't believe in a fair fight. Like someone coming up from behind you and cold cocking you. Just isn't right. It's cowardly to shoot a person in the back. Only a coward will shoot someone who can't shoot back." 
So I sent out this tweet today: 
https://twitter.com/mmflint/status/556914094406926336 
And then I sent this: 
https://twitter.com/mmflint/status/556988226486169600 
But Deadline Hollywood and the Hollywood Reporter turned that into stories about how I don't like Clint Eastwood's new film, "American Sniper”. I didn't say a word about "American Sniper" in my tweets. 
But here's what Deadline Hollywood posted (note how they changed "snipers" to "shooters" in their headline):
http://deadline.com/…/michael-moore-american-sniper-oscars…/ 
Hollywood Reporter has since corrected their story: 
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/…/michael-moore-blasts-ame… 
If they wanted to know my opinion of "American Sniper" (and I have one), why not ask me? 
So here's what I think about "American Sniper": 
Awesome performance from Bradley Cooper. One of the best of the year. Great editing. Costumes, hair, makeup superb! 
Oh…and too bad Clint gets Vietnam and Iraq confused in his storytelling. And that he has his characters calling Iraqis "savages" throughout the film. But there is also anti-war sentiment expressed in the movie. And there's a touching ending as the main character is remembered after being gunned down by a fellow American vet with PTSD who was given a gun at a gun range back home in Texas -- and then used it to kill the man who called himself the “America Sniper”. 
Also, best movie trailer and TV ads of the year. 
Most of us were taught the story of Jesse James and that the scoundrel wasn't James (who was a criminal who killed people) but rather the sniper who shot him in the back. I think most Americans don't think snipers are heroes. 
Hopefully not on this weekend when we remember that man in Memphis, Tennessee, who was killed by a sniper's bullet. 
The doughboy princess gasbag has every right to say whatever he wants.  He lives in America where free speech is still the law of the land and good men like Chris Kyle fought to preserve that right.  By the same token, I and everyone else, has the right to call him what he is and even mock his ass unmercifully with a degrading Photoshop™.  Yep.  Now that makes me happy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.